Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

default error page

Hi guys,

currently users do not like the error page, you alll know it quiet well I guess.

Is it possible to somehow replace the default error page with another redirect or error page that is customer friendly?



probably that question has been up yet, but the search returned a lot on that topic

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 20, 2008 at 02:51 PM

    Go to SICF transaction and search for the web dynpro Applicaiton in the SICF tree

    double click the service and choose in Error page input give URL to any page which you want to display as standard default error page.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Abhimanyu Lagishetti

      cool, I found it and it works to add an error page, thank you for that!

      still one thing I need: in documentation it is mentioned that one can add html tags for error display. how is the correct usage of that? I have not used htmlb or bsp...

      any code snippet? html tags for example SYMANDT, ERRORCODE

      thanks a lot!


  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 28, 2008 at 06:25 PM

    I tried

    <<h1>foo des<HTMLB:SYMANDT></HTMLB:SYMANDT></h1>

    and also added

    <%@page language="abap" %>

    <%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb" %>

    to the header, it still doesn't work.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I'm really starting a monologue here...

      Anyway I found out what was wrong. As I suggested it was my lack of experience with bsp.

      In fact the attributes are passed via http request and my be printed out in the form <%="name of variable"%> e.g.


      have fun, with it

      I also tried to create a WDA application who is able to present the error in a more user friendly way using standard WDA elements and the portal theme,but unfortunately the formatted text view doesn't accept the tag <%=MESSAGE%> I'll see if I can make a work around