Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Problem installing with merge module

I use CR Developer, Product Type Full, version 11.5.8.826.

I use it to design RPT files that use XML and XSD files as data sources.

I deploy these RPT files to client machines that also run a web enabled app I developed using ASP.NET v.2

I built an installer with the CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm merge module.

However, when I install on a clean client machine with the MSI I created I get some weird database access error in the Crystal Reportviewer that's embedded in my ASP.NET webpage.

When I then install the entire CR Developer product on the client machine everything works fine.

So clearly, the merge module I use does not install and register all the files required to make my product work. Am I using the wrong merge module? Should I be using the four RDC merge modules?

It's clearly not acceptable to have install the entire CR Developer app. Also, I saw another thread where they were talking about copying the entire C:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\bin directory to the client machine. That cannot be an acceptable solution either, right?

I need a definitive answer how to deploy the correct runtime environment to make my RPT files correctly run using the Report viewer in my web pages.

To be clear, I do NOT use VS.NET 2005 to develop my RPT files. I do not use anything built into Visual Studio to build my RPT files. The only interaction with .NET is that I have a Reportviewer object embedded in one ASP.NET web page that visualizes the RPT files I previously created using the CR Developer app.

This is from my web.config file:

-


<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

This is the aspx from the web page that shows the report viewer:

-


<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true"

CodeFile="ReportPage.aspx.cs" Inherits="Paladin_CReports.ReportPage" Title="Paladin Reports - Crystal Reports - Report" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="Server">

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="28px" Style="z-index: 100; left: 0px;

position: absolute; top: 148px" Width="1014px">

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true"

DisplayGroupTree="False"

Style="z-index: 120; left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px" HasCrystalLogo="False"

EnableDrillDown="False" HasDrillUpButton="False" HasToggleGroupTreeButton="False"

HasViewList="False" ShowAllPageIds="True" HasRefreshButton="True" />

</asp:Panel>

</asp:Content>

I need a definitive answer how to deploy the correct runtime environment to make my RPT files correctly run using the Report viewer in my web pages.

Thanks,

Rodger

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 19, 2008 at 01:12 AM

    Here's the actual error message:

    Failed to load database information. Error in File C:\DOCUME1\BOB-C01\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\Meter_Daily_Report {5D7E79CE-A94B-4C95-A21D-1F56C99ED402}.rpt: Failed to load database information.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 29, 2008 at 06:40 PM

    Thanks Don.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded