Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

[InitialLoad] Error Java when executing InitalLoad Job

Hi all,

I try to setup a job "InitialLoad" to get all the user information from an ABAP WAS.

My problems are :

1st Error : "Exception loading sap_*"

I got this error when all scripts are loaded. (this error is wrapped around warning concerning the license, is something linked ?)

ALL READS passes sound working except for ReadUSER because of "sap_encryptPasswordMD5()"

2nd Error : "runFunctionsInString($FUNCTION.sap_generateDisplayName(/SAPTRX/SAP_AS_ADMIN!!ROLE!!NSP_MiniSAP!!/SAPTRX/SAP_AS_ADMIN)$$) got exception"

I got this error in all WRITE passes

I guess something going wrong with the execution of the job. Can somebody let me know about these issues ?

Thanks,

Benoit

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 21, 2008 at 09:17 AM

    Here is the error log report,

    W:Exception loading sap_generateDisplayName

    java.lang.NullPointerException

    at com.sap.idm.ic.Config.expandValuesInString(Unknown Source)

    at com.sap.idm.ic.DSERunTime.runJob(Unknown Source)

    at com.sap.idm.ic.DSERunTime.doCommand(Unknown Source)

    at com.sap.idm.ic.DSERunTime.doCommand(Unknown Source)

    at com.sap.idm.ic.DSERunTime.run(Unknown Source)

    at com.sap.idm.ic.DSERunTime.main(Unknown Source)

    Sounds the scripts are not founded ?

    Best Regards,

    Benoit

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      >

      > We had this problem too once when we first got going in our development environment.

      >

      > What I had done was import an as abap initial load job without importing the SAP Netweaver Framework. The Framework populates the global scripts, some of which are needed in the jobs - including the script you referenced above.

      >

      > If you import the SAP Netweaver Framework I believe this should populate your global scripts and solve the issue. As a best practice now, I always do this import first in a new environment.

      That was it! Thank you!