Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

unicode issue jdbc receiver adapter

Hi guys,

I'm facing an unicode issue while trying to put some data into a MS database.

The sender system is a SAP ERP 6.0 system.

When we are trying to transfer some text in polish or korean or something else, this textes are not transferred correctly.

I already checked the SAP Note 831162 FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

and used the url parameter sendStringParametersAsUnicode=true

Furthermore I changed my mapping to get the sql statements, so that I add the attribute hasQuot="no"

and a leading N in front of the data string as described in the Note and in some threads in SDN

Unicode problem in JDBC receiver adapter

JDBC adapter , problem in inserting Korean Charaters in MS SQL

but nothing solved my problem.

any ideas?

Do all the languages have to be installed on the XI system?

Kind regards

Jochen

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM

    In R3, check the RFC pointing to XI is unicode enabled or not, make it unicode and then try. I have assumed that you are sending the IDOC from ECC.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 13, 2008 at 12:05 PM

    Hi guys,

    thanks for your tips.

    I asked an colleague for changing the rfc destination enabling unicode)

    unfortunately this parameters are deactivated, he tried to change the existing,

    copy it to a new one and creating a new one from the scratch

    nothing worked.

    I don´t know if our XI system can handle unicode correctly. How to check this?

    I tested following.

    I have an idoc with different texts of different languages in ECC 6.0.

    depending on the log on language the texts are displayed correctly in the we05.

    If I log on in german or english (this are the two languages installed on xi system)

    the texts looked the same, they do in XI system.

    I took a deeper dive to the payload using ultra edit and have a look at the bytes of the text.

    the byte seemed to be encoded using the codepage ISO8859-2

    I also tried to get the wright encoding in mapping with a UDF

    result =  new String(text.getBytes(), codepage);

    are there more possibilities to get the strings wright to the database?

    kind regards

    Jochen

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM

    hi,

    maintain ur RFC destination pointing to Xi in R3 system to unicode.

    and then check.

    can u tell me in ur moni payload, does this language changes to hash characters.

    chirag

    Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Oct 13, 2008 5:25 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 13, 2008 at 11:55 AM

    XI should be in encoding ISO-8859-1. Or try with UTF-16

    Also, please check if your SAP XI is configured for unicodes.

    RFC destination (SM59), check for unicode test after Unicode enable.

    In RFC destination,User Id in XI with password in CAPS and try with this user Id. Also take care of the length of the user Id, since there is a restriction in lower version.Make sure to assign the necessary roles to the user Id.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded