Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Arabic text doesn't render properly when export to PDF

Hi

I am having problem with exporting Arabic text to pdf and it doesn't render properly. The whole content render properly expcet the white space; the funny charater has been replaced to white space.

Does any one having that problem?

Note: I have tested with using both Crystal Report Designer XI and Crystal Report 2008 which come out same result.

Thanks,

Yin

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 10, 2008 at 12:21 PM

    Hi Yin

    Would suggest you to confirm one thing

    -Fonts must be available on the platform where the PDF file is viewed, or substitute fonts will be displayed;

    Regards

    Asha

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 10, 2008 at 08:45 AM

    Any idea or suggestion to get around to it?

    The strange thing is if I exported to excel or html, it work fine. Only exporting to pdf is having rendering problem.

    Edited by: Yin Min Phyu on Oct 10, 2008 9:50 AM

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Jehanzeb,

      Thanks for your email and formula as well.

      That character is actually white space. So what I did is Replace (({Table.Field}), chrw(32), '') and I also tried Replace (({Table.Field}), '', chrw(32)) .

      The other way I tried is replace all the space with html code   and select HTML text in text interpretation.

      And it still doesn't work.

      I am using both Crystal Report XI 2 and Crystal Report 2008

      P.S. I have tried your fomula as well and it still doesn't work. 😔

      Thanks Yin

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Mar 10, 2009 at 07:20 PM

    Hello,

    I have the Same problem that happened with Yin but in a more stranger behavior . when i export 2~ 4 Pages in Arabic everything goes ok . but when i export a lot of pages . . Spaces between words are replaced with a character similar to Dash character . Can anyone help me ? i am using crystal reports XI R2 and running on windows 2003 .

    Thanks a lot ..

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 21, 2015 at 02:13 PM

    I encounter the same problem. It seems this problem start from CR XI SP1 and still in all later versions.

    To avoid this issue, I export the report to word doc, then use Microsoft office word library to export the word doc to PDF. The final result looks fine, but low performance.

    For web application, I created a server windows service to export from doc to PDF.

    I hope it will be fixed in next version.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.