Skip to Content

Infospoke - 3rd party tool not setting request to G (successful )

Hi,

Anyone of you had experience of this issue before? I have an infospoke that loads data to the DB table. A 3rd party tool ( Datastage) extracts the data from the table. Everything works as expected, BW sends notification to 3rd party tool that data is ready for extraction. 3rd party tool extracts the data successfully, but the problem is that the request is not set to G (successful). The people working on Datastage said that their system issued a message to BW that extraction is successful but it seems BW did not accept/receive it. So although the data has been successfully extracted to the 3rd party tool, the request is still set to N (new) and not G. No errors are issued.

Below is the Infospoke Message run:

1. Extraction is running

2. Extraction running in background process BW_OH19802

3. Data Package 1

4. Send message to DATASTG

5. Message from DATASTG confirmed

6. The extraction ended successfully

7. Data is being read: Open hub destination DW1234

8. Finished reading data: Open hub destination DW1234

In this issue, the log should have:

9. Datastage job completed successfully (status set to G)

10. Status for request 154,567 was set to G.

But the infospoke only run up to 8. The catch here is that this doesnt happen consistently. Sometimes the infospoke status is correctly set. but sometimes it's not.

Any ideas what cause this problem? Will really appreciate any inputs.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Oct 09, 2008 at 03:07 PM

    Hi,

    The Thirdy party tool (in this case datastage) is responsible for setting the status to G in the table RSBREQUID3RD. If this does not

    happen then normally the problem is with the Third party tool and often with the RFC communication. However there is an known issue on the

    BI side as explained in the note 1243168, if this is relevant for your BI support package level please apply the note and check if the problem

    still exists.

    Best Regards,

    Des.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Des, thanks for your answer. I did check the note but seems like this does not apply to our problem. We are still using BW3.5, and the request was actually set to green, but when you check on the RSBREQUID3RD table, the request is in status N. Thus, the next time we trigger the infospoke load, it will error that the request is not set. Right now, we change the status manually.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.