Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Character set for EDI 850

Hi Friends,

I have setup new partner profiles for EDI 850 messages.

We created a test order and sent out the EDI 850 to partner.

But the partner is unable to decode two segments in the EDI 850 message sent.

The partner says he is recieving the EDI 850 with character set encoding CP1252 and hence could not able to decode those two segments.

Regarding this I need your expertise in knowing the setups of character set encoding used for EDI 850 in SAP,so that I can change them accordingly.

Please let me know the transaction or table name where I can get this data in SAP

Best Regards,

Thank you,

Murali

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2008 at 07:20 AM

    Hello,

    You might want to contact your EDI subsystem support guys in this matter.

    The thing is that in SAP you will always have an IDoc ORDERS05, message ORDERS I guess for 850. The EDI subsystem converts that into A 850 message and sends it to the receiving partner.

    So it seems that the EDI subsystem is not using the correct character set.

    regards,

    Advait

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Advait,

      Thank u very much for the response.

      I checked with EDI subsystem, and they say that they are just transmitting the message to the partner recieved from us. They are not manipulating any data.

      What I suspect is whether any settings relating to Character set for EDI 850 in our SAP system are changed.

      Will you please let me know how to find these 'character set' settings in SAP - any SAP table/transaction code where we can find these details.

      Best Regards,

      Thank you,

      Murali