Skip to Content
0

BW 7.5 Wed Dynpro Master data maintenance - Descriptions in different languages

Apr 17 at 07:26 AM

79

avatar image

Hi,

Recently we have upgraded to BW 7.5 (Non-HANA DB)

Master data maintenance has been moved from SAP GUI to web dynpro screen.

Here we are unable to maintain master data descriptions in different languages for info object.

The language dependent check is ticked at info object. But still it is not considering the language as primary key.

Could someone please let us know the possible way of maintaining descriptions in different languages.

Thanks for all in advance.

Regards,

BI Team.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

4 Answers

Best Answer
Rodolfo Bermudez Neubauer Apr 17 at 01:20 PM
0

Check the URL in the browser window. There you will find the language parameter transferred from SAPGUI (language entered at logon). You can change it manually from the URL bar to edit texts in other languages. Another option is to logon in SAPGUI in the language in which you wish to edit texts.

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to change the URL & also tried to logon in SAPGUI.

But both didn't work :(

0

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is solved now.

Regards,

BI Team.

0
Erdem Pekcan Apr 28 at 07:54 PM
1

Hi,

If you want to use the old maintenance screen via GUI, simply create a report by using the FM "RSINP_RSDMD_MDMT".
I find it more useful compared to web dynpro.

Regards,
Erdem

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Shwetha Bangera Apr 17 at 08:44 AM
0

Can you share a screenshot of the window?

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Below is the screen shot of web dynpro screen for master data maintenance

web-dynpro-screen.jpg

0
Rodolfo Bermudez Neubauer Apr 27 at 02:54 PM
0

Hi, just double-checked and my previous answer was not correct. Changing the language URL parameter will change the interface language, but not the language for updating master data texts.

If your InfoObject is correctly defined as having language-dependent Texts, you should see the Language code as a key field in master data maintenance (Tx RSDMD). In order to filter texts for a specific language, you have to open the “Selection” tray and then press the “Fields” button in order to select the “Language key” field for selection options.

Press OK and then you will see the Language key as a filter option. Enter the desired language key and you will only see master data texts for the selected language(s):

Hope this helps!

Regards


image-1.png (40.8 kB)
image-2.png (26.6 kB)
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded