Skip to Content

Jump Query does not Display

A lot of our workbooks have RRIs to more detailed queries. One of our users is unable to successfully complete a jump to such a query. When the execute the summary workbook they see the workbook in BEx just fine. When the try to jump to more detail using the GOTO menu the system appears as though it is running a new query, but the user sees the message box "Waiting on reply from the BW server" and never gets any results. He waited up to 1 hour and nothing happened.

I have tried this with my user ID and do not have the same problems. We also have a production-like testing environment where I had this user ID unlocked and I can recreate his problem on my own PC.

Additionally, we created a new user ID (with the same roles) and cloned the original one in the test environment and these new user IDs do not have the problem.

Our security is based on CUA and roles to positions. We have done some troubleshooting with that also, but nothing appears to resolve this individual user's problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check next?

Thanks!

Karen

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 24, 2008 at 03:19 PM

    as you checked authorization in source and also you are able to do with test user with same roles from the user,

    I sugest to know how is doing the jump, as i too got same issue with one user of mine who was useing a parent node of hierarchy to jump and a small window with all the chils nodes was opened in the back page for selection and the user was stil lwating for results.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 25, 2008 at 02:26 PM

    Shashi,

    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there is not another window that is opening in the background anywhere. We have tested this with various other users who do have the same roles as this user.

    We believe that the problem lies within the users security or parameters that may be set on his user ID. However, we have not been able to find anything yet.

    Any suggestions are welcomed.

    Thanks!

    Karen

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 25, 2008 at 03:35 PM

    Hi,

    You can consider re-assigning the Roles to the particular User.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 25, 2008 at 03:38 PM

    Vishal,

    Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately we have already done that also. Since we are CUA we have deleted the user from our core system and removed all of his BW roles. We then allowed it to generate itself again in core and then reassigned his BW roles. This still has not resolved the issue.

    Thanks.

    Karen

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Now that you have left no stone unturned, see if his popup blocker is 'ON' if you are on WEB,

      if you are on Excel check the macros secutity.

      Edited by: Shashi on Sep 25, 2008 7:53 PM

  • Sep 25, 2008 at 06:09 PM

    Shashi,

    We use BEx Analyzer, not web reporting, so pop-up blocker does not pertain.

    Thanks!

    Karen

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded