Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Update was terminated after BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Hi

I'm doing MIRO blanket order upload. I used BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE to create the invoice and post it. And I check for any returned errors before calling BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. I got an error of Express document "Update was terminated" received from author. This happens when there are 2 or more blanket order items assign to the PO item. If there is only 1 blanket order item, it's working fine. I checked the error log and dump analysis, the error occurs in MRM_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_POST, and the error(no entry). I tried to set a breakpoint in the function module, but it's not triggering it.

The data was working fine when I tested the other day, but not today.

I appreciate if anyone can provide any feedback on this.

Thank you in advance.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 17, 2008 at 08:47 PM

    Update was terminated usually appears while trying to post some finance documents with missing details at the document header (MKPF).

    All fields must get the value "\" before starting in order to avoid problems such as those.

    Regards,

    Rebeka

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Lily,

      I am facing the same issue. Could you please recall what was the solution.

      I know the post is very old and you might not recall, but it will help me a lot.

  • Sep 17, 2008 at 08:45 PM

    This happens when the FM is called in the update task. You have to give a break-point in the FM MRM_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_POST and switch on Update debugger. Then only it will stop you there. The FM is actually getting called after COMMIT WORK statement and giving you an error.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      To Switch on Update debugging:

      Enter the Debugging sceen.

      Navigate to SETTINGS--> Display/Change Debugger settings.

      Check the Update debugging checkbox.

      After you do this your execution should stop at your breakpoint to investigate the issue.