Skip to Content

Error -2038: Record locked by another transaction / Internal error occured

Hi, sometimes when I'm trying to update a SO via DI API, I got this error -2038. The error message varies, either: "Internal error occured" or "Record locked by another transaction". Ffor 'record locked' error, the table/field names varies, eg.

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 7]

[RDR12.TaxId8][line: 1]

[WTR1.ItemCode][line: 1]

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 9]

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 3]

[RDR12.TaxId2][line: 1]

[RDR12.CityS][line: 1]

Any idea what the problem might be? FYI I'm using PL41, and this DI calls are from a centralized 'handler' VB.NET program. I've also released the instantiated BO objects via System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject() (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317109)

Thanks.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 16, 2008 at 06:59 AM

    Dear Tjandra Afandi,

    You can refer to SAP Note 1231885 about this error information.

    Best Regards

    Jane Jing

    SAP Business One Forums team

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • David: what do you mean by 'S-User for the Marketplace'? I think I'm not an S-User, so I still can't login... How can I be an S-User?

      Anyway, I'll close this question, even though it's not really solved. I can't find any other user updating the same document, but that -2038 errors still pop up.

      Currently I'm using John's approach to retry whenever I got -2038. As long as it works and everybody's happy I guess...

      Thanks everybody.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 15, 2008 at 05:14 PM

    This is what I would do:

    catch the 2038 error event, then retry the update/add/delete 1 to 5 seconds later.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      For John: Thanks for your suggestion. That's a good idea; I'll try to implement it right away, while waiting for the real fix.

      Thanks.