Skip to Content

SAP PI 7.4 Proxy connection giving

Hello Gurus,

I am using a common ICO for HTTP to Proxy scenario. All the inbound proxies use the same communication channel 'ERP_ABAP_PROXY'. The old interfaces are working fine but When I added a new interface with a condition, it is failing with 'HTTP 500 Internal server error'. I checked all configurations between the old interface and the new interface, but did not find any differences. Any one has encountered such issue before ?

4/5/2018 10:55:21.366 PMInformationDelivering to channel: ERP_ABAP_PROXY4/5/2018 10:55:21.367 PMInformationMP: processing local module localejbs/ sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean4/5/2018 10:55:21.512 PMInformationXISOAP: XI message received for processing4/5/2018 10:55:21.512 PMInformationXI packaging (bulk mode) is not enabled. Switching to normal processing....4/5/2018 10:55:21.527 PMInformationSOAP: Request message entering the adapter processing with user Guest

ErrorFailed to call the endpoint: Error in call over HTTP: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
ErrorSOAP: Call failed: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

7 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Apr 06 at 04:53 PM

    Hi!

    I would suggest to check for errors in backend ABAP system's logs. "Internal server error 500" usually means that reguest processing failed at server's side.

    Regards, Evgeniy.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Yes, the issue was in the BDC recording and I can see a short dump in ST22. Thanks for the answer. The weird thing is it is working with SPROXY transaction even in background but not with end to end call from PI.

  • Apr 06 at 06:35 AM

    1 more observation. The ABAP proxy works fine when I test it in SAP using SPROXY transaction.

    I am able to successfully process using Postman also for the old service which uses the same communicaiton channel.

    Only for the new service it throws this error.

    Thanks,

    Vijay.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 06 at 08:07 AM

    Have you checked the java log and maybe the developer trace view yet?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 07 at 12:43 AM

    Hi Vijayanand,

    Did you try to create a new adapter and test the interface? Does it work ? It might have something to do with payload and inbound processing of the proxy message.

    Cheers,

    Ambrish

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 07 at 12:43 AM

    Hi Vijayanand,

    Did you try to create a new channel and test the interface? Does it work ? It might have something to do with payload and inbound processing of the proxy message.

    Cheers,

    Ambrish

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 06 at 03:54 PM

    Can you let me know where to check Java log/developer trace for this. I enabled all logs in the ICO.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Navigate to http://<enter_your_pi_server_here>:portnumber/nwa/logs

      Within the log you can navigate to the developer trace by selecting view -> open view -> developer trace :

      view.jpg (17.4 kB)
  • May 17 at 09:28 PM

    Issue is in the Proxy, BDC processing in a new screen. I am now by-passing the screen by writing a User Exit enhancement instead

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded