Iu2019m having trouble getting excel integrated with E&A for being able to enter large number of historic data points into a cube-built model u2013 Iu2019ve gone through all the docs several times and there is no good concrete explanation on how to do this. I keep getting the following error message:
Error opening Excel Automation server can't create object. This can be caused by:
1. - The application is not installed on your machine
2. - The browser security does not support ActiveX scripts.
3. - Your were prompted to run ActiveX and you said No, if that is the cause close all browser instances and reopen.
However, I've done the following:
- Iu2019ve installed the excel add-in on both the server and my local machine, and Iu2019ve enabled the add-in part in Excel on my local machine.
- The browser security is definitely set to accept all active X scripts
- I am never prompted to run activeX when I select u201CHistorical Datau201D within entry/approval. I just get the above error message.
- Iu2019ve flushed cache and restarted listener several times.
What am I missing? I donu2019t see it in any of the docs.