Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION in WD4A

Hi all,

My requirement is to update or create a new record in custom infotype.For that I'm using the function module HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION in the eventhandler for SAVE button in the view .but when I click the button SAVE, the infotype is not getting updated.But if I write an SQL update statement, it's working.But I want to use the function module.When I used the Function module in a report program,just to test it, by passing the same parameters, the Function module is working correctly.Also no messages are coming into the return parameter. I want to know if we can't use the function module in the Webdynpro.If so what's the solution to my problem

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Sep 10, 2008 at 09:46 AM

    it works fine for me.

    i hope you have not set NOCOMMIT to 'X' .

    also use commit work to make sure.

    pass recordnumber and record with valid values..along with VALIDITYBEGIN and VALIDITYEND

    make sure the record is not locked when you run the application.

    Abhi

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Abhimanyu,

      I tried the way suggested by you.But it's not working.When I run the test report where the NO_COMMIT option has not been set to 'X', there the FM is working correctly.The only porblem is when I include the FM in the Webdynpro component.Even the sy-subrc value is set to Zero but still, the records are not updated.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 10, 2008 at 09:53 AM

    Hi,

    Before we update any record then we need to explicitly sue the FM reated to Locks.

    In SE37 check the related FM

    or try this

    CALL FUNCTION 'ENQUEUE_EPPRELE' " lock

    CALL FUNCTION 'HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION' " Make changes

    CALL FUNCTION 'DEQUEUE_EPPRELE' " Remove lock

    Regards

    Lekha.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Lekha,

      I used the FM BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE & BAPI_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE.I hope that would do as with the same locks I got correct result in test report.Only in Webdynpro componenet I'm not able to get any result

  • Posted on Sep 11, 2008 at 08:55 PM

    Hi,

    In my WebDynpro I used object methods to update records.

    In addition to BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE/DEQUEUE i run function HR_PSBUFFER_INITIALIZE.

    Maybe that will help you

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.