We have BW development client BDN 100.
It is currently connected to ECC source system EDN 120.
We added a new client in our ECC source system and it is EDN 130.
We want to use the new ECC client EDN 130 as the source system for BDN 100.
I looked at 2 pdfs (from 2009 and 2010) that I found in SCN. They are pretty good. I created a details steps document in MS word based on those 2 pdfs. Since, attachment of word document is not possible, I created a text document (witout images) and attached.
I do have few questions on the steps. Your answers/help is appreciated.
1) Do I need to follow all these steps?
2) In the old source system, if there is Queue built up, do we need to clear that?
3) In BW, do we need to set the delta initialization for all delta loads?
4) In the new source system, do we need to do anything for setup tables?
5) In the new source system, do we need to define the jobs in LBWE?
6) Is there a down time for ECC for data loads?
7) Transfer exchange rates from new source system client to BW?
8) Transfer global settings from new source system client to BW?
9) What do we need to with the existing master data in BW?
10) There seems to be check, Activate, Replicate and restore activities that need to be performed. What is the order that should be followed?
11) Will there be an impact on the transformations in BW and custom code written in transformations?
If any one has any detail guide/noted from their experience, I would appreciate if you can share.