Skip to Content
0

Call webdynpro from Fiori tile

Oct 31, 2016 at 02:48 PM

97

avatar image

I've followed various blogs / SAP documentation to create a tile in our development Fiori system that calls a webdynpro on our ECC backend. Well, that's what it's supposed to do. What it actually does is give an error that the web page can't be opened.

BUT I'm not getting anything in the error logs on either the backend or the frontend. I tried an HTTP trace tool and got a whole lot of nothing as well. I even had our Basis Admin help me out with tracing, and she also got nothing.

So any ideas on what I might be missing? I created the target mapping, the semantic object, the role, etc. My next option now is to consider adding support packs.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

5 Answers

Best Answer
Krysta Osborn Nov 09, 2016 at 04:42 PM
0

Final answer, set the app type in LPD_CUST to URL if you're still on 7.4. Then when you upgrade to 7.5, you can do all of the setup in the Launchpad Designer and set the app type to webdynpro ABAP.

Krysta

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Masayuki Sekihara
Nov 01, 2016 at 09:03 AM
0

Hi Krysta,

You can share screenshots of the tile definition and target mapping.

You should apply support packages before implementing Fiori. It saves your troubleshooting time.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Krysta Osborn Nov 08, 2016 at 03:01 PM
0

Hey Masa,

Thanks for the response.

I put in a message for SAP, and they said that I had the config in LPD_CUST wrong. I had set application type as WDA (WebDynpro ABAP), but it has to be URL. I'm waiting for the response as to why, but here's the KBA article they created for me:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#notes/2387556

Regards,

Krysta

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Krysta Osborn Nov 09, 2016 at 03:39 PM
0

Hold the phone! SAP is still looking at the issue. Apparently, the system is not generating the URL correctly when I configure the application type as WebDynpro ABAP in LPD_CUST.

I'll post an update when I have one.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Krysta Osborn Mar 07, 2017 at 08:19 PM
0

The answer was upgrade to Netweaver 7.5. We've done that, and now I'm testing again. So far, no worky.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded