Skip to Content

Error: No link to backend system at the moment

Hi all,

I am currently setting up our SRM 5 to link to ECC 6 backend system. When I add a request to the shopping cart, I encountered the following errors:

No link to backend system at the moment

Select a location to which a plant has been assigned

I have checked the config 'Define Backend Systems' and have everything set up probably. I was able to do search help on cost center for example and hence the RFC connection should be working alright.

Does anyone has similar problem before?

Regards

SF

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Sep 03, 2008 at 02:57 AM

    Hi

    Did you check via SM59? Hope you could remote log in to backend system . As well check your RFC USER in SM59. Did you define locations in extended attributes for the plants? Hope you have mainted cost center in KNT attribute via PPOMA_BBP?

    regards

    Muthu

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi! I have to reverse what I said earlier that the problem is resolved by maintaining the external number via tcode BP for the plant. I removed this number and test again and it worked. It must be because of other settings which make more sense to me as I do not remember have to set that number in the other version of SRM that I worked on. I tested in another client with similar setting and am getting the same error now so I have another env to work on to find out the cause of this.

      I have checked SLG1 and the plant was replicated correctly. It is also shown up in the BBP_LOCMAP table.

      On the shopping cart screen, I can see the plant defaulted and am able to pick and choose among the other plants so at this stage I do not really know what causes the error in the first place.

      Will come back with a solution when I finally get one.

      Regards

      SF

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 13, 2008 at 06:01 PM

    Hello,

    I am having exactly the same problem, did you sort it out. What was the solution.

    Regards,

    Abdul

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 25, 2008 at 01:31 AM

    Finally found the cause of the problem. It is the setting in the 'Define Backend System' configuration. I didn't pick this up because I was concentrating on the settings for the ECC system but apparently it is related to the SRM system which has the wrong system type.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded