- Asp 2 Web app built with VS 2005
- Using Crystal reports integartion with VS.
- Using Forms authenication in app
- App running on WIndows server 2008.
- Have a single copy of Crystal Reports 2008 installled on server.
When I try to render a page with a CrystalReport viewer on it I am prompted to enter my Windows credentials. When I enter my credentials the page renders and the report works fine. This appears to be only happening when I use Forms authentication.
To troubleshoot, I created an asp 2.0 page and added a Reportviewer control to the page. I did not specify a report source and there was no code behind defined. When I attempt to render the page, I get a Windows Authenication dialog. If I remove the control from the page, I am not prompted for Windows credentials. Also this issue is only occurring when using Forms Authenication. There are no issues when I use Basic Authentication.