Skip to Content
0
Former Member
Aug 13, 2008 at 02:00 PM

Web Intelligence Rich Client Problems

435 Views

Hi,

We have the folliwng error in Web Intelligence Rich Client. I can log on

and select a Universe as a data source. I can build a query, but if I

try to run the query, I get the following error:

"A database error occurred. The database error text is: (CS) "COM

Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous" . (WIS 10901)"

Using registry scanning software, I have found that there are various

missing folders, dll's and invalid CLSID's. I have manually created the

missing folders but this does not work. Obviously there isn't much I can

do about the invalid dll's or CLSID's.

I have tried uninstalling all BusinessObjects and Crystal Reports

applications on my PC, and reinstalling the Rich Client, but to no

avail. I can run queries successfully against a local data source.

Garreth