Skip to Content

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mw/jco/JCo - Initial Load, ABAP, IDM v8

I am deploying a brand new installation of IDM v8, SP05, and we're trying to run an Initial Load job for an ABAP system and we're getting this error:

Why can't IDM find the JCO classes? Did I do something wrong when we installed IDM? Any advise would be appreciated.

capture.png (11.9 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Mar 07 at 07:32 AM

    Brandon

    Is this a Linux installation? Did you check sapjco3.jar is available in the installation folder and the folder is in the classpath?

    Cheers

    Chenyang

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • No, this is a Windows installation. I do have the jar file but it's in the Identity Center\Java folder. I'm going to move that file into the base Identity Center folder today and try again. My biggest issue was that I don't see a way inside v8 to adjust the Java classpath. In v7.2, you go to the Options menu on the MMC and select the Java tab. Easy. I don't see where that information is kept and can be adjusted in v8 Eclipse.

  • Mar 07 at 01:58 PM

    Brandon, as Chenyang said, check the classpath in the OS and the JAR path in your dispatchers and tools/options.

    This is something that happens fairly often as I recall. Was there anything in the archive/search?

    Matt

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I wasn't able to find anything on this topic in the SCN archives. Yesterday, I was trying to adjust the classpath to point to the location of the JAR file. I couldn't find where that option could be switched. You and I both know where the Options then Java tab exist in the MMC on v7.2. I cannot, for the life of me, find where this setting is in the Eclipse envuronment in v8.

  • Mar 07 at 02:10 PM

    Hello Brandon,

    after you checked, what the guys wrote:

    I'm on 7.2 SP10 with the runtime on Linux. We have this issue, when the dispatchers were stopped and I just restart them again. I've only encountered this issue with the ABAP jobs, the AD, AS JAVA or IDM jobs aren't effected.

    I actually need to edit the PROP-files of the dispatchers (usually put in a # somewhere, as this just comments the line), save it and then start the dispatcher. Then it works and the job runs normally (until the next time I need to stop the dispatchers).

    So maybe you have the same issue. Can't hurt to try, if all else fails.

    .

    Regards,

    Steffi.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded