Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Downloading a single rule set out of N rule sets.

HI All,

We have defined 4 Rule sets for one particular system. Out of these one is the global rule set. Now, my requirement is to have oe more rule set, with 80% rules from global and then add the rest 20% myself. Would like to know if there is any way we can achieve this efficiently, other than creating manually all the 80% rules from GLOBAL rule set.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Hersh

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 28, 2008 at 03:29 PM

    If you are using AC 5.x, then the best method is to create a new set of upload files based on the standard upload files that came with AC 5.x and add your new functions/risks into the upload files. To use Rule Architect is tedious and very very slow.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 29, 2008 at 08:44 AM

    In AC 5.x you can not download 1 ruleset without downloading all of the rulesets at the same time. Trying to sort through the tables that are downloaded to re-create the ruleset you require would be very time consuming.

    Therefore the only sensible way of performing this is to copy the GLOBAL upload files (9 of them) and add your extra risks/functions into them. You will need to rename every function and risk (and the ruleset itself) in this new ruleset to ensure that they do not corrupt the existing risks and functions you already have loaded.

    You then load the new ruleset into AC in the standard way and generate the rules from the upload file.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 28, 2008 at 01:34 PM

    Hello.

    I think that you can download the global matrix from marketplace, i don´t have acces right here so i can´t tell you where is it.

    Later you can modify that matrix an upload it to SAP

    i hope it helps

    regards

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 31, 2008 at 05:37 AM

    Make a copy of GLOBAL and use the same always to upload new rule sets if requierd.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.