Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Error in Launching BI Support tool version 2.1

HelloTeam,

After installing version 2.1, support tool does not start as like previous version. When tried to open "Run as Administrator" i get error ' Windows cannot find BISupportTool.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again'.

But version 2.0.8 is fine still.

Thanks..

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Mar 05 at 02:37 PM

    Hi Arun,

    You don't need to "Run As Administrator". It is recommended to run the BIPST client with your regular user account.

    How are you trying to start the BIPST 2.1?

    After installing, can you try just double-clicking on BISupportTool64.bat?

    If the above doesn't work, go to start, run, cmd and then browse to the location where you installed the BIPST 2.1 client and run the BISupportTool64.bat from the command prompt. What does it say?

    Let us know what you find.

    Regards
    Toby

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 20 at 02:55 PM

    I am having the exact same problem. i am clicking on the bat file directly. I did fix the "could not find" error by shortening the path name, but the executable still can never be started successfully. Last Processmon line is getting a name not found on

    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\GRE_Initialize\DisableMetaFiles"

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Denise,

      I'd be happy to help you resolve the problem. Would you be open to having a quick GoToMeeting screen sharing session? Send me an email to toby.johnston@sap.com and we can setup a meeting time convenient with your schedule.

      Cheers
      Toby

  • Mar 20 at 04:18 PM

    Hi Arun,

    I updated the batch file - could you try the attached file (Rename it to BISupportTool64.bat).

    Just replace the .bat file currently used to start the program, and let me if it launches successfully.

    Thanks,
    Leslie

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 20 at 07:25 PM

    In the case of Denise (comment above), we found the BIPST 2.1 had a problem updating the old preferences file. To fix the problem, go to C:\users\<userid>\AppData\BISupportTool\ and delete or rename the file preferences.xml to prefences.xml.old.

    Then the 2.1 client will start ok.

    You can give this a try if you're still having the issue.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded