Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

SOAP to RFC Sync Scenario Incomplete Response

Dear Experts,

We had a requirement for SOAP to RFC sync process, we had successfully designed the solution and had generated the WSDL and URL and tested the same in SOAP UI. everything was working fine.

Now, on clients request we added few more response parameter was added in Remote Function Module Exporting Parameters, the same RFC was imported in SAP PI and respective message mapping was done in PI. Configuration was again tested in ID with the payload and everything was successful.

But, now when we are testing the newly generated WSDL the response has not been updated, its returning the same parameters as previous, additional parameters are not reflecting in response message in SXMB_MONI too.

We had checked every object and it is activated and all the configuration is correct. But still response is incomplete. No clue what so ever.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Oct 27, 2016 at 11:36 PM

    Hi Ankit,

    Try to stop and start your RFC channel and test it again. I have noticed this behavior in RFC adapter previously and restarting the RFC channel did the trick.



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Agree with Sanjeev. I have experienced similar issues in PI 7.4 on different adapter types. Failing that, if you are using iFlows i would undeploy and redeploy, and as a last resort do a cache refresh.

  • Oct 28, 2016 at 02:40 AM

    Hi Ankit,

    Check Q.29 in RFC FAQ SAP Note

    730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2/ 7.3 RFC Adapter,

    you can find the reason for this behavior.

    Q 29: When a function module is changed in the backend, are the changes published to the runtime at real-time?

    A: No, an update made to a function module in the backend is not informed to the runtime. This is because the function module metadata is cached by the system during the first invocation of the module. All the subsequent references to this function module are directed to the cache. Any update made to the function module in the backend will not be notified to the runtime, unless the cache is cleared.

    The cache is cleared when any of the following happen:
    - The corresponding RFC channel is restarted
    - The RFC channel is changed in the Integration Directory
    - The RFC adapter service is restarted
    - The Dependent J2EE services are restarted (MessagingSystem, CPACache, and so on)
    - The J2EE server is restarted



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded