We are planning to extend business objects XI R2 to one of our application. For that, we are planning to integrate BO reports into a .NET application (version 2008). This application has both web and thick client interfaces. Few questions that we have before extending business objects for this application needsu2026.
1) How can you integrate BO (NOT Crystal) reports in both web and think client applications, especially with .NET 2008 (v3.5)? Which SDK do you suggest?
2) Isnu2019t there any or less support for VB or C#, if BO has SDKu2019s? In other words, what is the language the BO has their SDK.
3) How do you capture values for the prompts (report parameters)? Do we have to redevelop the prompt screens for each report or is it just one time development in BO?
4) How do handle sessionu2019s and user access privileges (data and report level)?
5) How can we do drilldownu2019s or sorting or export to PDF/Excel any other BO report functionality once the report is displayed on the web/think client?
I have tried to look at forums etc, but didnu2019t get sufficient information to make the decision. Your prompt reply would help us to make a quick decision.
Edited by: Srinivas Kommalapati on Jul 24, 2008 6:36 PM