Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

stages in mdm implementation project

Hi all,

wt r the different stages in implementation project and explain briefly abt each stage?

Regards,

Nani..

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 23, 2008 at 05:42 AM

    Hi Nani,

    Various stages are:

    Prerequisite:

    MDM Server install-->MDM Component guis installation.

    Project implementation:

    Requirement gathering-- >Data modeling >Data building >(Repository making &designing -->defining Tables and fields > defining Ports and Remote systems )(_ MDM_ Console) -- >(Import maps /Data Import)(from sources)(_ Import manager_) ->(Data harmonization or data deduplication/data cleansing/data compliance ->Writing Validations & Assignments ->Matching and Merging )(_ Data manager_) --->Syndication to the defined remote systems with Remote keys(_MDM Syndicator_).

    Rgds

    Ankit

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM

    Hi Nani,

    Implementation stages for any project are generic to all they are as follows:

    - Identification of the need.

    - Idea generation and screening of ideas.

    - Feasibility Study.

    - Project Development

    - Implementation.

    - Controlling

    In the case of MDM Implementation the following steps are followed:

    - Firstly consider the Business object that you are focussing on as you requirement and modelling will largely depend on that.

    - After gathering the business requirement from the client you need to model that requirement

    - You need to design your repository based on that

    - The tables and the fields types will determine the type of data you will store.

    - You will need to design Roles and users for authorizations

    - Also you will have to maintain source and target systems for consolidation and harmonization of data.

    The Requirement gathering stage takes 70 % of the time and the rest 30% is in the Design Phase .

    After your design is ready you need to import the data from the sources and perform consoliadtion and otheer MDM specific data activities on them and then harmonize the corrected data back to the target systems.

    Hope it helped

    Kindly reward points if found useful

    Thanks & Regards

    Simona Pinto

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Nani,

      one more thing i want to know like hw do we test the data? For testing the data do we need extra plugins?If needed what r they?Explaian briefly abt these things?

      You can perform testing from within MDM. There can be different kinds of testing.

      1. Security Testing - You can create users and assign roles to them. You can provide proper suthorizations and permissions to the the roles. Hence you can test at various points of time, while performing the activities whether only authorized people are able to access or perform the specified task. This you can do in Admin node-> Roles/ Users.

      2. Governance - You can create a workflow and assign the process to a role/ user according to the requirement and verify whether the requirement has been met.

      Other testing can be for ex, whether the Import map is working or not, whether the Automation of Import ad Export is happeneing etc. Similarly you can test manually whether your configs are working according to the requirement.

      You do not require any plug ins for that. Everthing can be done from within MDM.

      Hope it helps.

      *Kindly reward points if helpful

      Thanks and Regards

      Nitin Jain

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.