Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

problem when registering remote ERP in SLD: empty Installed Products screen

I have set up a SLD in my Netweaver Portal on my computer. Now I want to add a technical system type there: Web AS ABAP (ERP6.0) which is located on a remote computer called "pssv107".

At the end of the Technical System Wizard there are no installed products listed, but it tells me to select at least one to continue, so I can not continue. There is no error message on the webpage.

Where can I see the error?

How can I fix it?

DETAILS:

I have set up a VPN connection to the remote computer and can ping it. I also connected with remote desktop and verified there in the SAP management Console that all instances are running.

I also entered the ip-address of this server in \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts, because on the second installation step when it asks for the message server I could not enter the full name with domain suffix, because the name was too long to enter in the provided box.

I looked in some log-files that I found on the current and remote system and could not find anything. But I am new to SAP and maybe I did not look up in the right logfile, so it would be nice to know for sure where possible errors are logged. Especially in which logs can I see that the remote system is successfully accessed ? (and not blocked by the VPN somehow). I have disabled the firewall.

I checked the SLD on the current system and it says it's running fine.

I am at the end of my wisdom, where can I continue to search or check? Any help or direction on how to fix this error would be much appreciated.

I entered following details:

Web AS ABAP Name (SID): PID

InstallationNumber: 0020202353

Database Host Name: pssv107

MessageServer: pssv107

Port (sapmsPID): 3602

Central Application Server: pssv107

Instance Number: 02

Clients: Client Number: 100

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM

    I figured it out myself:

    The SAP Master Component information was not imported from the file CR_content.zip.

    After I did the import, then the installed product list was filled with over 300 entries where I could choose from.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded