Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Find Udo by DocnNum does not work

Hi,

in my form i have a textfield binded to the DocNum of my UDO Document table. I am able to search by all fields, but not by my field DocNum.

oItem = oForm.Items.Add("txtdocnum", SAPbouiCOM.BoFormItemTypes.it_EDIT)
        oItem.Left = 117
        oItem.Top = 134
        oItem.Width = 80
        oItem.FromPane = 0
        oItem.ToPane = 10
        oItem.AffectsFormMode = False
        oItem.Enabled = True
        oEditText = oItem.Specific
        oEditText.DataBind.SetBound(True, "@PRT_VM_CONT_HEAD", "DocNum")  'Vertragsnr

does anybody knows whats going wrong.

i am using sbo2007a pl37

regards

Markus

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jul 18, 2008 at 09:08 AM

    Hi Marc,

    english or german is the question 😊

    i write in english for the other guys here.

    did you register your object with the option to search in DocNum ?

    i think you have to "enable the search functionality" for this field.

    lg David

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 21, 2008 at 07:58 AM

    Hi Markus,

    I thinks I found your problem.

    The field you associate with the BrowseBy property is a Form field, NOT a DB field.

    Try setting BrowseBy = "txtdocnum".

    Best regards,

    Vítor Vieira

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 18, 2008 at 02:34 PM

    Hi Markus,

    Don't know if it's the case, but I once had that problem due to the case-sensitivity of the UI API. I was referring to a itemUID "Cardcode" when it was "CardCode". The code was in a Try Catch block but it didn't throw any errors.

    Also, please try working with XML Forms. It's so much easier and faster. If you need some code to do it, let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Vítor Vieira

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      hi Vitor,

      i don't find the error. I always create my forms by coding, save it as xml file and use it afterwards by loadbatchtransaction.

      First i only used the screen painter, but there are so less features so i decided to get full control by writing code.

      But i wonder that i am the only one who has a problem with udo documents and searching by the DocNum field.

      Now i will try to use a user defined field for my DocNum and always synchronize it with my real Docnum. But i guess there have to be an easier way to search by DocNum.

      regards

      Markus

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 19, 2008 at 01:48 PM

    hi friend

    i m having problem in udo.

    i create one form with binding with each field of form and created udo.

    when i find some thing that work proper but next ,previous navigator not working.

    Awaiting soon reply

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.