I am trying to install the SAP ABAP Trial version 7.51 on openSuSE. Running into this issue now that I seem to be stuck on:
"To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option.."
This occurs if I try it in XTerm, or in a terminal by using Ctrl+Alt+F1 after logging off from my XWindows session. If I try adding the -g flag, it doesn't allow me to do the web instlal, simply returning that OpenSuSE is not a supported OS.
EDIT - So to update this, I had to run the installation with the -g flag and do it through the interface. Now, however, I'm getting a problem with it setting the sa password:
"kernel os_create_region: can't allocate 1909592064 bytes" seems to be stopping the installation. I've tried the following steps:
- mount -o remount,size=5G /dev/sh
- Verified that the timezone is set to UTC
- unset LANG
- export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
- sysctl -a | grep shmmax = 9223372036854775807
- sysctl -a | grep sem = 32000 1024000000 500 32000
- sysctl -a | grep shmall = 1152921504606846720
- sysctl -a | grep max_map_count = 1000000
Now, the only difference between my guide and Julie's guide is that I'm running this on VMWare instead of VirtualBox. Other than that, everything else is the same.
Any further ideas?