Skip to Content

Data entry problem in ownership manager

Good morning,

We have an extra account for the minority percentage which we enter in the ownership manager. The account is defined with the same accounttype as the standard POWN etc accounts and also has the IS_INPUT=Y property.

This account (PMIN) is shown in the ownership manager and in the past we have been able to enter / change the values. However for the current period when we try to change the amount and save, the system reverts back to the previous amount.

For example, until Dec 2016 consolidation we owned 85% of an entity. For the Dec 2017 consolidation we have purchased the remaining 15%, so I want to change the amount on PMIN from 15 to 0. I can enter the 0 but when I save it goes back to 15.

Strangely enough I can change it to any value other than 0, so for example 0.01 is saved.

Would anyone have any idea what could cause this behaviour?

Thanks,

Arnold

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Feb 22, 2018 at 09:36 AM

    Arnold,

    this sounds like a known issue. What version and SP of SAP BW are you running? SAP Note 2501819 describes the behaviour you are seeing. The solution is to upgrade to at minimum SAP BW 740 SP15 or SAP BW 750 SP12

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Feb 22, 2018 at 09:47 AM

    Peter,

    thanks, I will check the version.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.