Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

UOM not updating through bapi_service_create

Hi Guru's ,

I am facing a issue in BAPI_SERVICE_CREATE . UOM not updating properly.(old UOM getting updated) . I faced same issue for AC03 bdc but bdc is working if we put sac_item first then UOM . but if we put UOM first than SAC_ITEM its not working . I need a solution for bapi actually because we need to create service using odata .

Thanks ,

Niroj Singha .

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Feb 09, 2018 at 04:46 PM

    I understood this requirement already from your original question.

    However, what you are reporting with the errors does not seem to be logical in general.

    There are of course cases when a unit of measure cannot be changed any longer, e.g. when it is already used in documents. A change would then create inconsistencies.

    Also when creating services it would not make much sense that SAP restricts saving the master with the desired unit

    Maybe you need to implement an OSS note with a bug fix to get the system work as desired: 2042721 - BAPI_SERVICE_CHANGE does not update the service UOM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 08, 2018 at 02:35 PM

    Calling BAPI_SERVICE_CHANGE after BAPI_SERVICE_CREATE, is it okay?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Feb 09, 2018 at 06:49 AM

    The message you get is probably slightly different to "Service is already exists " as this message is grammatically not correct.

    An exact message along with the message number could help to find OSS notes in case there would be bugs.

    But overall I think you are trying to change a base unit of measure for a service master that is already used in documents or connected to a catalog.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Actually we are trying to create new service master through bapi_service_create . all fields are updating properly for new service master but UOM is not updating ( it getting last service master's UOM ) . In case of BDC we found same problem but in bdc if we put SAC_ITEM first in recording than put UOM its working fine . But we need to handle it in bapi because we r using ODATA .