Skip to Content

BI 7.0 Process chain - Read PSA and update data target failing

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to BI 7.0 - SP17.

We have a Process chain for 0PUR_C01 & 0PUR_DS03 in which 3 extraction from SCL,SGR & ITM run in parallel and data is loaded to PSA only. And after completion of these three extractions data is updated to targets.

Start (1*)

-> Delete Index for 0PUR_C01 (2)

-> "Load data to PSA" for SCL (3)

-> "Load data to PSA" for SGR (3)

-> "Load data to PSA" for ITM (3)

- > AND process to join these 3 extractions (4)

-> Read PSA & update data target to update 0PUR_C01 & 0PUR_DS03 (SCL & ITM => 0PUR_C01 and SCL & SGR => 0PUR_DS03) (5)

-> Data Store activation 0PUR_DS03 (6)

-> Create Index for 0PUR_C01 (6)

( * Number in brackets shows the level in the process chain . )

In 3.x version it used to run perfectly, but in 7.0 while reading PSA data and updating data targets it is failing. In data target maintenance, for each data target only one upload has happened( Like for 0PUR_C01 only SCL & for 0PUR_DS03 only SGR). In the job log it shows

Request REQU_4A35CVQR5XH9PTVRWTWNQ0ZDM(86,839) Posted In Data Target 0PUR_DS03 Without Error Message

Request 0PUR_DS03 is already available in InfoCube/DSO REQU_4A35CVQR5XH9PTVRWTWNQ0ZDM; Not added

Request REQU_4A3XVPKWRM0CVSYKS4MJ2IL22(86,838) Posted In Data Target 0PUR_C01 Without Error Message

Request 0PUR_C01 is already available in InfoCube/DSO REQU_4A3XVPKWRM0CVSYKS4MJ2IL22; Not added

Entire chain now has status 'R'

--

There are neither short dumps nor any error in system/application log. If we update PSA data manually to target from monitor, it gets uploded but not thru Process chains.

And also if only a single (one extraction to target) "Read PSA & update data target" process is there, it is aslo running fine.

If anyone has faced similar problems or has any clue on this problem, please help us out.

Thanks,

Vikram.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Jun 18, 2008 at 09:26 AM

    I have resolved this problem myself by changing the combined process of all 'Read PSA & Update target data' to a separate for every infopackage and then connecting it in AND for further processes.

    Also I have found the following OSS note for the same which says its a program error.

    "Note 1136000 - P18:PC:PSA: Error in PSA process for multiple InfoPackages."

    Rgds,

    Vikram.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.