Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

custom fields in ESS webdynpro applications

Hi Experts,

Can you please suggest me where I am going wrong in this scenario? I have a standard application Family member application. We enhanced the infotype 0021 with new fields and corresponding fields are added in screen structures and HCMT_BSP_PA_JP_r0021. This is working fine in the backedn while creating a record in PA30. Standard application in webdynpro is working fine, after that I reimported the model in webdynpro and I can see these fields in my model, so I context binded them in controllers and then to view controllers. There are no errors in it. I added few fields in detail layout. Now when I deployed and run the application after these changes, it is opening up with bizcard view empty and the button for creating a new record showing up, which is not the case should be as I have record in the backend for the same subtype. When I clicked on New record, and even withought filling up required fields, I clicked on continue button, and it is failing giving runtime exception at review view.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? am I doing the proper steps to make these custom fields available in the screen? does anybody have documentation for adding custom fields in ESS applications or any helpful links, please let me know, I really appreciate your time.

Thanks

Murty

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 16, 2008 at 02:48 PM

    Please guys, does anybody have any idea how to make this working? Any documentation to add custom fields in webdynpro FPM applications or any other helpful links..,

    Thanks

    Murty

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi all,

      this is lil wierd but the problem is solved in this way.., it might be useful for others, so here is the way I did..,

      Once I downloaded the model, I invalidated cache and also, I restarted J2EE, invalidation of cache sometimes acting up i guess. Then build it once again if the service is working fine. After that model bindings, contaxt changes, code changes one at a time and in between after every lil step, I deployed and run the service again, so that I can back that small step if it didnt work out.., finally this was fixed.., but all this process seems wierd about this approach and tiresome too.

      Thanks

      Murty

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.