I am investigating about CRM Middleware and XIF Adapter.
For communication with 3rd party system I am going to use IDOCs but I have some questions about IDOCs.
I'm going to use Flat Files for IDOCs.
1. IDOCs have a header segment. In Outbound Process I think this information is filled by the system right? For Inbound Process which values need to be written by the other system in that segment?
2. I understand Header Segment have an IDOC ID. In Inbound Process which value is written there by the 3rd party system.
3. How do ALE/EDI identify that a new IDOC flat file is created in the selected location?
4. How do IDOCs identify when the IDOC is an Insert, Update or Delete?
5. Example. I expect file C:\file.txt as an IDOC file, If ALE/XIF Adapter do not read this file before the 3rd party system overwrite the file with a new IDOC this IDOC will be lost. So the question is... how can I avoid this, or how do ALE avoid this?
Thanx in advanced.
Edited by: urjose on Jun 12, 2008 6:54 PM