Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

data load problem due to LUW in sm58 hang with status Transaction Recorded

Hi Experts,

I am stuck with not being able to load any data from any data source to BI7. Every time I start a load from BI, this load end after the timeout expired because idocs didn't arrive from r3 to bi.

I tried a new load and then log into r3 system, then I used tc sm58 to run manually each LUW, after that data was transferred to BI as usual. I being tried for 3 days now to solve this problem, but not luck yet.

The function modules used are IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS

and RSAR_TRFC_DATA_RECEIVED

I already try:

- Restore source system

- activate

- delete edi profiles in both systems TC we20

- check the ports in tc we21, though not sure was has to be done her

- change background user in r3

- check passwords and authorizations

R3 is 6.40 and is in SAPKB64019 for ABAP and Basis. BI 7 is in patch level 017

any idea how to solve this?

thanks a lot

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 13, 2008 at 04:18 PM

    Delete the tRFC queues and then try again...

    'In BW and all connected source systems, check all outbound queues (SM58) from time to time to see whether they contain old unsent data packages or info-IDOCS. The reason for these leftover entries could be that they have already been processed again, or they contain old requests that cannot be sent following the system copy of RFC connection change.

    You should then delete these tRFC requests from the queue, not only to reduce the data volume in your system but primarily to prevent from accidentally sending these old entries again to BW data targets.

    In the RFC destination SM59 rfrom source system to BW, the connection should be set up to prevent terminated transfer from being restarted automatically and, most importantly, to prevent periodic automatic activation of incorrectly sent data.

    The information in the above paragraphs have been pulled out from a doc that I have.

    Check if the information helps you fix the problem.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 12, 2008 at 02:02 AM

    Hi,

    When the load is not getiing processed due to huge volume of data, or more number of records per data packet, Please try the below option.

    Try to reduce the IDOC size to 8000 and number of data packets per IDOC as 10. This can be done in info package settings and then load.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,

    JituK

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      you should check that with a basis person, you might need some more batch and/or dialog processes on your system. Additionally you might need to change some settings of the rfc.

      Siggi

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 13, 2008 at 08:59 PM

    Between R3 and Bi theres a configuration that maps both systems in R3 side ...here you can find a parameter for automatic idoc transfer

    You can check it in WE20 and search your BI logical system and check if its automatic or manual

    Regards

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      Sap People solve the problem

      thank you all for your time; I rewarded some points

      Edited by: Garduño Azael on Jun 18, 2008 11:52 PM

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 18, 2008 at 09:52 PM

    Sap solved the problem

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 15, 2009 at 09:29 PM

    Hey Man,

    I know it's late in the day but we are facing the same issue in our system.Can you share how your problem was solved.

    Thanks a Bunch

    Umang

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 31, 2010 at 08:51 AM

    We had similar issue in transaction SM58 showing IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS "Transaction Recorded" status.

    The root cause is that the QRFC destination is registered but not activated via transaction SMQS. After we register and activate the destination via Edit->Registration again, the problem was resolved. Hope this helps.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded