Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Created items are not syncronizing

In our application, we have a header with sub items. We can update the sub items, and the updates synchronize fine. We try creating a new sub item under a header and it creates on the device fine. We can see the new item in reports, etc.

When we try to synchronize however, only the updates are synchronizing. The new items are not going up. If we update a new item, the update goes up and creates an error - cannot update a record that does not exist.

We are using Mobile 7.1 SP5 for both client and server.

Thanks for the help.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 13, 2008 at 09:08 AM

    Hi,

    I expect you have the implementation done for the create handler in the backend - well, you should, cause otherwise you are not able to create items on the client. But please check if the mapping for the create is done properly in the DOE andthe create handler in the backend handles this correctly.

    I guess you have not done the mapping properly in DOE for the created items, so it does not know how to handle the new information that comes up from the client to the middleware and so it moves it just to the bin instead creating this item in the backend. Cause you have done the update mapping correctly, this goes through and the error you get is normal then....

    Hope it helps.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 13, 2008 at 01:26 PM

    We found a solution to the problem. The problem was in how SAP builds the outbound queue. There was a query in between creating the new item and adding it to the header, which removes the insert from the queue.

    Thanks for the help. The create BAPI is for adding header items. Sub items are added through update, or if added to a new header through the create. The item was never added to the queue, so it was never sent up. There was no mapping errors.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded