After a long wait we have finally installed RAD7, and we would like to try CR4E. I have developed several reports using Eclipse and tested by using the preview. I am importing each of these reports (which are actually going to be embedded forms) one at a time. My first steps now will be to configure CR4E in RAD.
The follow are things that might be useful in answering my questions.
we are using ibatis for database control (I think I can ignore this in the configuration since the report will include the sql)
we are also using spring (just for the aop functionality and I really do not know what that means)
we use DB2 (will use POJOs when necessary)
We are using Clear case for source control
1) will I need to create a completely new web project for the forms? I do not want to mess up the current we project, and I know this is an extra step in configuration (making both project aware the other exist).
2) in the documentation the following list of jars are said to be required
When you are developing a web application, the following JAR files must be added to your web project. These files must also be added to your web application's WEB-INF\lib directory when deploying the web application.
The following files are required for viewing and exporting functionality:
webreporting-jsf.jar (provides the JSF version of the DHTML report page viewer)
crystal-tags-reportviewer.tld in /WEB-INF
CRConfig.XML in /src directory
I have everything except the MS jars, and the ojdbc jars, but are they all really required?
3) we are using JNDI instead of database logins to access the database, so in the view I know I need the JNDI name. Will I still need to include the JDBC driver info for previewing?
4) We need to be ADA compliant. Can we display on the screen in HTML, and export to PDF for printing at the same time?
On the creation of the viewer, I am selecting:
log on the existing data connection
connect the parameters in the report (needed to access the data from the database)
export the report to PDF.
5) last question for this post. Can we store our reports in Clear Case? The Clear Case menu when in the Crystal prospective does not show.
I know this is a lot, but I am really unfamilar with configuring.