Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Strange behaviour with UFL and subreport within a report

<p>We are using Crystal Reports for Eclipse and our report template uses UFLs for localizing strings. It also uses a subreport in the report.</p><p>We are noticing the following behaviour with localizing strings:</p><p>1. Initially the localized string is pulled in correctly when we click the preview button on the template</p><p>2. If we modify the value of the key in the resource bundle, jar up the UFL crystal reports project, clean all the projects, open the report template, and then do a preview we are still seeing the previous value and do not see the modified value.</p><p>3. We then remove the formula from the layout of the template (not from the formulas list) and then put it back in the layout and then preview the report. This time around we see the modified text value.</p><p>A similar behavious is seen with the subreport:</p><p>1. We have a subreport in the report template an everything comes in fine</p><p>2. We modify the subreport and save</p><p>3. Go back to the main report but do not see the changes. We have to re-import the subreport in order to see the changes made in sub report.</p><p> Seems like any changes to the subreport or changes to the resource bundle entries should be picked up automatically and this is not being done. We only pick up the changes iff we re-import the subreport and re-specify the localize function in the report layout. It would not be practically possible to do this for every report in our system when the resource bundle entries get updated or sub reports change. </p><p>Is this an issue with the eclipse plugin or Crystal Reports for Eclipse? Is there an automatic way in which such changes can be recognized by the report template?</p>

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Feb 03, 2007 at 11:28 AM

    Hi there, I gave your workflow a try and encountered a similar issue. Actually, I also encountered the same issue that you posted in your previous forum post. To work-around this issue I did the following:

    1. go under Preferences and removed the reference to the UFL jar file under the Crystal Reports\Engine menu. I did not remove the library name.
    2. Click Apply
    3. Re-add the UFL jar file to the Engine path. Click OK
    4. Open the report
    Give this a try. I will submit a bug for this on our end to see if we can fix this in a patch.

    Regards,
    Sean Johnson (CR4E Product Manager)

    Rate" target="_blank">http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/Web_Links-index-req-ratelink-lid-639.html">Rate this plugin @ Eclipse Plugin Central

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.