Skip to Content

SOAP Error

Hi SDNites,

I am trying to send a message to 3rd party using SOAP adapter and getting the error as,

The PayLoad elements cannot fit with the message parts of the BindingOperation. Please check the BindingOperation and PayLoadMessage.

I tried to populate a very basic payload like,

<Test1>abc</Test1> and still get the same error.

Please advise how to address above error.

Regards,

Abhi

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Feb 02, 2018 at 09:42 AM

    Hi Abhishek,

    It looks the payload structure is not according to the WSDL. Did you try testing the Webservice directly from SOAP UI?

    First try to test the service from SOAP UI and then create your payload similar to the one in SOAPUI which matches the webservice WSDL.

    ---Priyanka

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Priyanka,

      I am also facing the same issue. In my case, I did try it first in soapUI and I got the response. When I configured the same in CPI, I am getting the same error.

      I have a content modified before the SOAP call. In content modified, I am setting the soap request. I tried the following approaches:

      Appr-1:

      Copy-paste the soap request from soapUI into content modified body. It did not work

      Appr-2:
      Someone suggested to remove the soap header, body and envelope. Even after doing that, I got the same error. Sample of my message is:

      <p1:GetUser>
      <p1:strUserId>000007</p1:strUserId>
      </p1:GetUser>

      where GetUser is the operation and p1 is the namespace defined in CPI

      Appr-3:

      I even removed the operation as I though the operation is mentioned in the SOAP channel. My new message looks like,

      <p1:strUserId>000007</p1:strUserId>

      Even then, I am getting the same error.

      I also changed the log settings to Trace and checked if the body from content modifier is passed on to SOAP channel. I could see the message going to SOAP channel in the log.

      Can you please tell me where I am wrong.