We have a live SAP CRM 5.2 system, we are planning to integrate this system to R/3 4.6c now. we are facing an issue while doing an initial download of products from R/3 to CRM, the BDocs are failing and we are getting the following error :
u201CData cannot be maintained for set type COMM_PR_SHTEXTu201D etc.
Following are more details:
1. In our exisitng SAP CRM 5.2 implementation we have created Z Hierarchy and Categories to create products.
2. To these categories we have assigned some basic Set Types like COMM_PR_SHTEXT (Short description).
3. Our understanding is that these set types can only be assigned to 1 Category and any sub-category automatically inherits them. However, any category which is not in the same hierarchy would not be able to use them i.e. we cannot assign these Set Types to another Category once we have assigned it to one.
4. For Product Download from ERP, we need to use standard Hierarchies u201CR3PRODHIERu201D and u201CR3PRODSTYPu201D, and all the categories as maintained in ERP are replicated under them.
5. When the Product data is coming from ERP, it is carrying the data of these set types also, assuming that these set types are maintained for u201CERPu201D Categories assigned to hierarchies u201CR3PRODHIERu201D and u201CR3PRODSTYPu201D.
6. Since this not the actual case, BDoc is failing with error u201CData cannot be maintained for set type COMM_PR_SHTEXTu201D etc.
Any ideas or suggestions how to resolve this issue, can set types be assigned to more than 1 category or sub category?
if anyone has been involved in integrating R/3 with with standalone SAP CRM implementation please share your experiences.