Skip to Content
0

Issue with SAP Lumira 2.1 Designer with Universe (UNX) as Source

Jan 26 at 02:17 AM

891

avatar image

Hi All,

We recently upgraded to SAP Lumira 2.1 from SAP Lumira 2.0. We are having SAP BO 4.2 SP3 Patch 10.

Post upgrading to Lumira 2.1 we are facing issue with Designer Applications having UNX as data source.

These applications are running Locally but gives strange error on if we try to run it on BI Launch Pad.

We tried with below test case

Test Case

#

Test Case Description Executed

Locally

Executed

BI Platform

1 New Lumira Designer App

-1 Data Source on UNX without Prompt

Running Failed 2 New Lumira Designer App

-1 Data Source on UNX with Prompt

Running Failed 3 New Lumira Designer App

-1 Data Source on efashion UNX

Running Failed

its giving error as

Error while calling method "doSetTemplateCommand"
While processing the current request, an exception occurred which could not be handled by the application or the framework.


Error while calling method "doSetTemplateCommand" 
  Analysis Application 
 Unable to process request. Contact your system administrator.

Information for Administrator 
Error Summary 
While processing the current request, an exception occurred which could not be handled by the application or the framework.
If the information on this page does not help you locate and correct the cause of the problem, contact your system administrator
To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page Hint: Most Web browsers let you select all content, and copy and paste it into an empty document (such as an email or text file).

Details
Root Cause 
The initial exception that caused the request to fail was: 
csHTTP
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: csHTTP at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.<init>(CsService.java:388) at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.getCSService(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:192) at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.executionplan.QueryCapabilityBuilder.createQueryCapability(QueryCapabilityBuilder.java:69) at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.datasource.DataSourceHeaderBuilder.createQueryCapability(DataSourceHeaderBuilder.java:145) at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.datasource.DataSourceFactory.fillQueryCapability(DataSourceFactory.java:405) [...]
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Best Answer
avatar image
Former Member Jan 31 at 04:54 AM
0

Hi Swapnil,

I am running into the same issue while doing an upgrade for a client and found the following KBA, where its a known bug and is only fixed in Lumira 2.1 SP1 (which is not out at the moment of this writing) OR if you upgrade to BI 4.2 SP5.

This bug seems to be exclusive to Design Studio on UNX data sources after you've upgraded to Lumira 2.1. The KBA also says its specific to using BI 4.2 SP4 with Lumira 2.1, but my client is experiencing the same issue with BI 4.2 SP3 with Lumira 2.1.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2589862

Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Hi Walter,

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately Lumira 2.1 SP1 is still not there in SAP Downloads.

And we just moved to BI 4.2 SP3 , so will take some time to upgrade it to BI 4.2 SP5.

Thanks and Regards,

Swapnil K

0

Hi Swapnil,

Just FYI - According to SAP's release schedule Lumira 2.1 SP1 will be released the week of March 11th.

0

Hi Swapnil Kulkarni,

did you fix ? let me know how about fixed it?

Thanks!

0
Toan Pham Tien Jul 02 at 03:31 AM
0

-Please help me fix it. I have upgraded to Lumira 2.1 SP1 but still error

- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2589862 cannot access

Thanks!

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

It's better you open a message to SAP about this problem. This should have been fixed with this SP level.

0

Hi Toan Pham Tien,

We are still facing issues with Lumira 2.1.

But what we did is we created a Sandbox environment with SAP BO 4.2 SP5 and SAP Lumira 2.1 SP0. Post this we did a rework on Designer dashboard like checking each and every data source and initial view. Also for us if Browser language is set to English (US) then only it is working otherwise it will throw random error when you open designer app.

On browser sometimes we are facing rendering issues. On iPad we are still getting 'Error, document cannot open' error (Check SAP Note 2536378 and 2611272.

But we still have not upgraded Dev, QA, Prod. It still 4.2 SP3 with Design Studio 1.6 SP4 Patch 1 and Lumira 1.31.

Regards,

Swapnil K


0
Daya Jha Jul 03 at 09:50 AM
0

Hi Swapnil,

Please refer below KBA.

2605365 - Lumira Document fails to view with error "Analysis Application Unknown Error"

I hope this will help!!!!

Regards,

Daya Jha

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Hi Daya,

Thanks a lot for your help.

But we have already gone through this note and checked everything mentioned in SAP Note.

Regards,

SK

0