We are setting up a DR Site, for our Production SAP system.
At present the curren setup for Production SAP system are as follows.
SAP ERP 2005 (SAP ECC 6.), ABAP+JAVA on Windows with MS SQL Server
Data are stored on SAN and SAP installed on MSCS Cluster enviornment.
For Setting up the DR site, we are setting up Central System
installation and replication will be configured between SAP
Production/Primary system and DR site.
We are shoadwing at our test setup and facing below replication issues
while setting up transactional replication in MS SQL server 2005.
1. At present 78716 articles are available on Production Database, and
SQL fails the replication publication after 59000 articles.
We open the ticket with Microsoft and below are the suggestion provided
1. Microsfot suggest to prepare 2\3 publications for total number of
tables, 1 publication for all Views and 1 publication for SPs,
Functions and Data types with single Distributor Agent. Distribution Agent will
take care of propagating changes in the tables across the publications.
2. All related tables (Parent child relationship) to be published on
3. It would recommend to create 4 publications: 2 for the tables, 1 for
the views and the other for the stored procedures. This would ensure
The main concerns here is about splitting the tables into two different
sets with about 30,000 in one of the publications and the rest in the
You will have to make sure that all the dependant tables are included
in the same publication. Since this database is a SAP database, requesting to provide information as follows.
1. Identify and split the entire set of table into two/three groups.
2. How to publish dynamic tables (The tables which get created post