Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member


We have Crystal Reports 2008 and, until today, it has been connecting to Salesforce for a few reports without incident.

Today, I receive an unable to connect error: Database Login Failed. I tried to reconnect using the same user login and it is no long recognized so I went to my SF admin and was given an API user credential. This failed when trying to change user with:

The configuraton options used to open the database do not match the options used to create the database.

Finding information online has been sketchy at best on adding a new Salesforce Database connection and nothing has been found which helps me to resolve this issue. Assistance much appreciated.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 22, 2018 at 09:32 PM

    Hello Don,

    There is a great SAP Knowledge Base Article on connectivity with Crystal Reports. I will suggest to have a look at:

    2245135 - Connecting to from Crystal Reports - Master Knowledge Base

    If you can no longer login, then it is possible your user account needs a token to be able to connect. I am adding below general troubleshooting steps taken from the SAP Knowledge Base above to help troubleshoot the issue:

    • If your computer is not within the Trusted IP Range, then ensure you are using the Security Token?
      For information on how to obtain and use the Security Token to connect using external application, see the SAP Knowledge Base 2247103

    • Confirm with your Network Administrator, if your company network uses Proxy. If it does, then add the proxy information to the driver, by following the information found in the SAP Knowledge Base 1294512

    • Search the SAP Knowledge Base Articles below, which list all the known error messages and issues connecting to from Crystal Reports.

    Also, make sure you have the latest version of Crystal Reports 2008, because Salesforce deprecated the user of TLS 1.0, and Crystal Reports was using TLS 1.0 Crystal Reports 2008 was updated to use TLS 1.2 in the latest product update, which is: Service Pack 7 - Fix Pack 7.3
    For reference, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2261638

    And one last suggestion will be to see if creating a new report off the Salesforce data source works with your Salesforce account.

    Hope the above help!


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded