Skip to Content
0

Crystal Reports 2008 List of Values Error

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:37 PM

25

avatar image

I have what seems like a very weird problem. I wrote a report in Crystal Reports to connect to a SQL database. I have one domain login, that when I run it, everything runs fine on every computer. When I log in as any other AD Account, it gives me an error when it tries to bring up my prompts that says "Prompting failed with the following error message: "List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT: Failed to retrieve data from the database.]. Error source pompt.dll Error Code 0x80034380D"

The ODBC connection is setup the same. on the machines. And I have created a brand new user, given them all of the exact same AD Groups as the one that is working, and still it doesn't work. I'm kind of at a loss because it seems to be AD Account specific but I can't find what is different about the one that works vs. the one that doesn't. I believe I set any DB permissions up the same as the one that is working too. At least the ones I know of.


Any light shed on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Don Williams
Oct 21, 2016 at 12:58 PM
0

Hi Brian,

Use SQL Profiles and watch the log on info and then the tables it's attempting access.

CR fully supports DB security so it is server side.

If you don't use NT Authentication and log in using that new account does it work? If not then it is permissions on those tables being used.

Don

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Brian Mosher Oct 21, 2016 at 01:15 PM
0

Thanks Don. Shortly after I posted this, I ended up taking the parameters out of the report where it was failing to try to let it run wide open and I realized that the View I had created in the DB to pull the data from, I had not specifically granted Select Permissions to Public. Since my working user was a sysadmin in SQL, it didn't stop them. After granting Select permissions on the View to everyone, it seems to be working now. It gave a much more specific error when trying to pull the actual data than that one that came up when trying to pull the prompts.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded