Currently we are using Movement Type 301. Our business requires entries to be posted to another GL, using this Movt Type. Hence we are exploring the creation of a new movement type with a different account modifier.
We did the following and the postings remains the same with that of Movt Type 301:
1. Created a new Movt Type Z01; copied from Movt Type 301 in tcode OMJJ with "copy all" option.
2. Created a new account modifier ZZZ under Transaction GBB; copied from account modifier VBR in tcode OBYC.
3. Defined the GL Account for Transaction GBB, account modifier ZZZ in tcode OBYC
4. Assigned account modifier ZZZ to new Movt Type Z01 in tcode OMWN.
5. Performed MIGO using newly created Movt Type Z01 and was able to post it
6. Checked FI posting in MIGO (Display Mat Doc/ Doc Info Tab / FI Documents button) and all postings are still the same with that of Movt Type 301;
Perhaps I'm still missing some config items? Or perhaps there's a better work around to serve the above mentioned requirement rather than creating a new Movt Type?
Looking forward for your valuable inputs.