Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Hostname issue on rfc connection

Dear All,

When I'm executing transaction "SSAA", I've received an abap dump.

Below is the error log:

=================================================================

An error occurred when executing a Remote Function Call.

"CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=497#Unable to determine host address:

NiHostToAddr failed "

Status of connection.... "CODE=CM_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR -1 -1 SAPCODE=497

CONV= "

Internal error code.... "RFC_IO5"

There is an error in the communication system. To clarify

and resolve the error, contact your system administrator.

Last error logged in SAP kernel

Component............ "NI (network interface)"

Place................ "SAP-Gateway on host idesdev / sapgw00"

Version.............. 38

Error code........... "-2"

Error text........... "hostname 'id3tdc00' unknown"

Description.......... "NiHsLGetNodeAddr: hostname cached as unknown"

System call.......... " "

Module............... "nixxhsl.cpp"

Line................. 223

The error reported by the operating system is:

Error number..... " "

Error text....... " "

======================================================================

I've check the start profile, instance profile and the default profile. All are showing the correct hostname and system number. The hostname in the server is also showing correctly. When I ping the localhost, it is showing the correct hostname as well.

Please advice where I can locate the wrong hostname to make the amendment.

Thanks.

Regards,

John

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 18, 2008 at 08:00 AM

    can you please check if all the RFC in sm59 configured under internal connection are showing same host name i.e, local host name also do test connection

    (only guesswork)

    Samrat

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Juan Reyes

      Hello John,

      SSAA links up with CCMS for a lot of its tasks. So the clue might be in RZ21 transaction. May be you can go to Rz21. Then from menu check Overview of segments.There may be you might find entry which is causing the error.

      Regards.

      Ruchit.

  • Apr 18, 2008 at 08:11 AM

    add that host "'id3tdc00" with its IP address to the hosts file at \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

    Regards

    Juan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM

    SSAA Then choose Utilities -> Configure system landscape. Then decide which systems you want to administer with the System Administration Assistant. When you save the settings, a transport request is created. You also have the option of including only the new systems in the existing configuration. Transport this request to all systems and confirm the relevant settings in each system. Then you can administer all your systems using the System Administration Assistant.

    can please check STMS is properly configured or not ?

    Edited by: Samrat Dangeti on Apr 18, 2008 3:33 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Dear John,

      I'm having the exact same problem on SSAA in IDES.

      But I could activate the Task Area using package BV instead of Basis.

      I found this entry in TADIR, under object name "bapicustomer_idrange", package is BV.

      However, I still get that dump in program SAPLSENV.

      I also ran the program RSSTAT98 to fill the table SAPWLSERV with the correct active instance, and then deleted the others... but I still get the same error.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,

      Erika

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 19, 2008 at 03:43 PM

    We also found out today that the wrong server name that appears in the short dump comes from the entry in table TPFID, but I couldn't find out yet how to correct that one. I'm looking for any report to fill it (as we ran RSSTAT98 to fill SAPWLSERV with active instance info).

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded