Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Authorization Issue in WebUI (also ST01 question)

Hi All,

we are implementing new CRM 2007 and users will be working with the WebUI mainly in the future. Now here is something strange that we found out:

When a user logs on to the Web UI and enters some sales transaction trying to add a new material he would use the F4 help to find the right material number. In our case he recieves an authorization error hindering him to display ANY materials (seems to be an authorization issue).

But there are two strange thigs. When the user logs in to the old SAP GUI and triggers transaction CRMD_ORDER and accesses the very same transaction, trying to add a material and issuing the F4 help to recieve the material number it works! No authorization issues!

Second strange thing that we discovered while investigating on this issue: The system trace ST01 seems to apparently not be working with WebUI. We can fully trace all authority checks for the latter case (when user logs in to SAP GUI), ST01 does not return ANY checks when being turned on while a user is working on WebUI.

Any one of you experts out there any suggestions? Any experiences with that kind of traces and WebUI?

Thanks in advance

Alexander

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 17, 2008 at 09:06 AM

    Hello Alexander,

    You cannot use the GUI as a reference anymore, SAP no longer supports it and it was not adjusted in the 2007 version, so the GUI might give unexpected results.

    If the authorization trace in the WebUI gives no results at all (and autorization issues are reported in the WebUI) I would open an OSS message, this is no normal behaviour!

    Hope this helps!

    Regards,

    Joost

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 08:45 AM

    Hi,

    authorization trace in ST01 works for me as well for the WEB UI.

    So you get no normal behaviour.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 30, 2008 at 08:10 AM

    Hi All,

    I seem to have found the reason for both of my questions:

    1. Authorization objects checked in CRM WebUI are not at all the same as the ones checked in the CRM backend, i.e. in the old SAP GUI.

    2. There seems to be a known bug in transaction ST01 due to which no trace protocol at all is shown sometimes if too many authority checks fail. That's why it is apparently wise to run the authorization trace only with a high privileged user e.g. SAP_ALL to make sure the resulting protocol is accurate.

    Thanks, I will close this thread

    Alex

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 30, 2008 at 08:10 AM

    see my last thread reply

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.