Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

CALL TRANSACTION on FBV2 only works in mode 'A'

Hello all,

I've wrote a little program to make changes on FI parked invoices. This update is made by a CALL TRANSACTION on transaction FBV2.

This program has worked fine until a couple of days

Since yesterday, this program has stopped working. I debugged it to check if everything was allright and I saw that if the CALL TRANSACTION is launch in mode 'A' (display screens) it works fine.

- I'm running on SA R/3 4.7 (package level 27)

- I've tried playing with CTU_PARAMS values specially on RACOMMIT, NOBINPT, UPDATEMODE etc.. .no results

- Iv'e send this program to a friend that is running ECC5 it works fine

Have you got an idea, a clue, a rope ?

Thank you for your help

Jean-Michel

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 10, 2008 at 07:04 AM

    Nobody has a clue ?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 10, 2008 at 07:20 AM

    while in call transaction FBV2 statement.

    you have mentioned messases in some structure like

    Call transaction FBV2 mode 'N' Update 'S' messages in MSGTAB.

    where MSGTAB is a structure related to BDCMSGCOLL is standard structure.

    you have to put a breakpoint, and check this structure, this is only because of warnings that may occur while you are going in 'N' or 'E' mode.

    reward if useful.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Jean,

      Have you tried running in 'E' mode.

      Sometimes in mode 'A' it might throw and error but we might neglect it.

      So try running in 'E' mode where it throws just the errors. In that way you can find out what is the actual issue.

      Thanks,

      Arun

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 11, 2008 at 11:01 PM

    Hi,

    Thank you for your help the problem is now solved.

    Amit Singla, you give me the clue 😉

    In a popup screen some field are shown or hidden depending on the G/L account. In the BDCDATA table each field of this were processed even if the value was null.

    In the message table the message related to the missing field in the popup screen is type 'S' but data are not saved even if this message is a warning.

    I rewarded points for your help

    Thank you

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.