Skip to Content

SMT Mapping for Custom Attribute is not working after Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1 for MDG-S

Hi Guyz,

We did an System upgrade from MDG 9.0 to MDG 9.1 in Sandbox.

Everything seems to be working. Custom Entities are working in MDG C . But we have some custom requirements in MDG S (Vendor Only UI), where we have added 10 custom attributes in the BP_COMPNY Entity. It was working before upgrade.

Now after upgrade, there seems to be an issue for all the custom attributes in the UI.

I have checked and activate the Data Model, Generated Structures (again). All the data for the custom attributes (in BP_COMPNY) are in LFB1 table which is good.

During my debugging I found out that in the Standard Access Class, the active data is being read by APIs with the Custom Attributes, but only during SMT mapping inside handler classes (handled by call CL_SMT_ENGINE->EXECUTE ). these custom attributes are getting wiped out.

I have checked the SMT Mapping as well. All the Custom attributes are mapped from Source to Target as it should be.

What could be the issue ?

Has anyone here faced similar kind of issue during system upgrade.


Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Jan 17, 2018 at 05:44 AM


    For anyone having issues related to SMT mapping. Got the solution for that.

    Found a Note :-

    2496834 - SMT: Extension transofrmations are executed when associated Switch is off. However note implementation is not going to work as this is already implemented.

    This is a program error and you need to tweak the switch to be able to make your SMT mapping up & running for custom attributes.

    Because we don’t have a switch defined. The SMT extentions are never inserted in the generated code. The is not how it should work and seems to be an error from SAP.

    Workaround for this to specify the switch : MDG_APPLICATION_FRAMEWORK_7 in all the standard SMT mapping where you have included the mapping of custom attributes.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 19, 2017 at 09:18 AM

    Hi Rohit,

    Try to delete SMT mapping for custom attributes and map it again this will update local SMT program. If it doesnt solve the issue ,may check with SAP.

    Thanks and Regards,


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded