Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member


Hi All,

If a company is 100% EOU than what documents are required?

A company is 100% EOU and its plant is situated in India and it is doing business in India and outside India.

So for domestic business i.e. within India what documents are required?

And for export business i.e. outside what documents are required?

Reward points for helpful answer.



Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 03, 2008 at 11:30 AM

    As per my understanding, If it is 100% EOU, then it should have only export business & not domestic business. However, If it conducts business in India also, if VAT / Sales Tax / CST applicable, that will be a component in pricing.

    Such companies normally have a licence, which exempts them from taxes.

    Considering SAP, it will have Sales Order --> Delivery --> Billing for Domestic, as well as export document.


    Rajesh Banka

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 03, 2008 at 11:53 AM

    Dear Ashis Patnaik

    Yes you can do domestic sales from 100% EOU which we can call it as DTA (Domestic Tariff Area) sales. In this scenario, different duty component will have to be levied if you are selling indigineous and imported. For both, duty structure will vary.

    Of course, Government has fixed some restrictions in doing DTA sales which I am not sure.


    G. Lakshmipathi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Laxmi,

      We have started an implementation of a Company for 100% EOU unit. Could you please help us with your experience if you have already worked on such implementation.

      Please write back Text Removed

      Best Regards,

      Sambhaji Chawale

      +91 9545055566

      Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Dec 16, 2010 9:41 PM Dont deviate the forum rules by asking to share any SAP related information to personal mail Last but not least, please SPELL the name correctly

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 04, 2008 at 03:32 AM


    Please find the link relevant to DTA:

    I feel the qnswer to this query will also help you.

    "What are the facilities for Domestic suppliers to Special Economic Zone

    Supplies from Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) to SEZ to be treated as physical export. DTA supplier would be entitled to :


    CST Exemption

    Exemption from State Levies

    Discharge of EP if any on the suppliers

    Income Tax benefit as applicable to physical export under section 80 HHC of the Income Tax Act"



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded