Skip to Content

BPC report NW 10 subtotal with sorting and grouping is incorrect

Hello,

I would like to realize the subtotal by companies and profit center.

Calculation Sales for the next year by company and Profit center Sales N % Incraese Sales N+1 Company A Profit center1 100.00 10.00% 110.00 Company A Profit center2 100.00 5.00% 105.00 Company A Profit center3 100.00 1.00% 101.00 TOTAL 300.00 30.00% 390.00 316 Company B Profit center2 100.00 10.00% 110.00 Company B Profit center4 100.00 10.00% 110.00 TOTAL 200.00 20.00% 240.00 220

The subtotal is wrong , for example company B , the subtotal is 200*1.2=240 instead of 110+110 = 220

In order to calculation for TOTAL, we used the function 'Sorting and grouping (see bpc-function-sorting-and-grouping-with-subtotal.png and for the colummn Sales N, % increase and Sales N+1 , we used the default formatting sheet (see bpc-format.png)

BPC dont used the function subtotal 'sorting and grouping but the formula of format sheet and its incorret in order to calculation TOTAL

question : what is the solution in order to calculate 220 and not 240 for the company B

NB : its is a dynamic report

regardsBastien
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

6 Answers

  • Posted on Dec 17, 2017 at 05:41 PM

    I would like to realize the subtotal by companies and profit center.

    The subtotal is wrong , for example company B , the subtotal is 200*1.2=240 instead of 110+110 = 220 see bpc example

    In order to calculation for TOTAL, we used the function 'Sorting and grouping (see bpc-function-sorting-and-grouping-with-subtotal.png and for the colummn Sales N, % increase and Sales N+1 , we used the default formatting sheet (see bpc-format.png)

    BPC dont used the function subtotal 'sorting and grouping but the formula of format sheet and its incorret in order to calculation TOTAL

    question : what is the solution in order to calculate 220 and not 240 for the company B

    NB : its is a dynamic report

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 17, 2017 at 06:23 PM

    Please prepare your question in a readable form!

    1. Text with correct line breaks.

    2. Pictures added using "Insert Image"

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 18, 2017 at 04:40 AM

    Little do I know about your setup. But assuming you're using local member to calculate Sales N+1, enable "Apply to rows as priority"


    local-member.png (4.2 kB)
    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 18, 2017 at 10:21 AM

    I would like to realize the subtotal by companies and profit center.

    The subtotal is wrong , for example company B , the subtotal is 200*1.2=240 instead of 110+110 = 220

    In order to calculation for TOTAL, we used the function 'Sorting and grouping

    BPC dont used the function subtotal 'sorting and grouping but the formula of format sheet and its incorret in order to calculation TOTAL

    question : what is the solution in order to calculate 220 and not 240 for the company B

    NB : its is a dynamic report


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM

    I don't wish to use the solution with local member because in reality my EPM reports has 80 columns with 10 columns with subtotals is incorrect because it's a calcultation with format views

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 21, 2017 at 05:47 PM

    Finally, I created VBA in order to solve the problem of sub total

    I'm disappointed that I dont find the standard solution

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.